NATIONAL TRANSPORT HOSPITAL
|Transport workers health promotion in Bulgaria is under
the subjection of Ministry of Transport and Communications. National
Transport Hospital (NTH) serves as an occupational health service for transport
workers of all kinds of transport- railway, road, water and air transport.
The Institute is situated in Sofia. The contingent of the TMI is 49878
transport workers. There are 150 beds in the Hospital and annually at about
6000 in-patients and 40000 out-patients pass through the Institute's clinics
NTH consists of several departments:
2. Cardiology clinic
5. Dept. of Surgery
- Chest and abdominal surgery
6. Clinic of Otorhynolaringology
7. Clinic of Ophthalmology
8. Clinic of Neurology and Othoneurology
9. Clinic of Gynecology
10. Dept. of Dermatology
11. Intensive Care Unit
12. Dept. of Clinical laboratory, Immunology and Microbiology.
13. Dept. of Radiology
14. Dept. of Pathology
15. Occupational health service
16. Department of Medical Informatics
17. Psychological laboratory
1. Pre-entry medical and psychological certification of all workers.
2. Prophylaxy, diagnosis and treatment of the diseases among transport workers.
3. Long term control and premedication of the risk professional groups.
4. Medical certification of temporary incapacity for work and complete invalidity.
5. Complex of sanitary and preventive medical measures such as regular vaccination, sanitary inspection, etc.
A computerized system for registration and monitoring of workers health is being developed.
Besides the functions of occupational hospital, NTH has
functions of a research institution as well. The basic research activities
are focused in assessment morbidity of transport workers. They were classified
according to the specificity of their work in professional groups. The
conditions of work of the different groups of transport workers depend
on physical, biological, chemical and psycho social factors. The research
interests were concentrated mainly upon the following problems:
There are Regional Transport Hospitals in four big towns of the country: Plovdiv, Gorna Oriahovitza, Varna, Stara Zagora.
Plovdiv Regional Transport Hospital
Gorna Oriahovitza Regional Transport
Varna Regional Transport Hospital
Stara Zagora Regional Transport
The preliminary, periodic and control medical examinations are conducted at the Policlinic Sections of these hospitals. Besides, there are four central policlinics for railway, road, air and water transport workers.
If qualified medical help is needed transport workers are hospitalized at the clinics and wards of the transport hospitals.